Tuesday 12 September 2017

Matahiwi Marae

Yesterday all year 8’s went to the Matahiwi Marae. I wasn't quite expecting the Marae to be green, I have always known a Marae to be Red, Black and White. The bus trip wasn’t as long as I thought either is felt like only 10 minutes anyway ill tell you a bit more about the Matahiwi Marae and what I had experienced at the Marae. Before we all went through the entrance of the Marae we had to do a karakia. Now we all walked in a crowd through the entrance of the Marae with all kapa haka in front and all non kapa haka were placed in the back.

As we walked through the entrance I had a great feeling my day was gonna end good. Matua Brownie, Matua Tom and Lovey welcomed us year 8’s onto the Marae and sung some songs and said some speeches which reminded me of my Poppa. After all the speeches and songs we all lined up with kapa haka in the front and non kapa haka at the back all getting ready to sing the school song and Tutira mai nga iwi. The school song sounded way better than what we sung on Monday Morning. The Matahiwi Marae was a fun and very interesting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment